Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Updates

Hi Everyone! I haven't started chemo yet. I have a PET scan tomorrow (kind of like a CAT scan), to check out my lungs to see if the cancer has spread there. Of course, I hope it hasn't spread there and anxiously await my Dr.'s appointment next week to find out the results. Supposedly, they will pump me full of radioactive sugars that seek out rapidly dividing cells. I don't know exactly how it works, but that is my small understanding of it. I won't be able to nurse Izzy for 24 hours after the procedure so I've been trying for quite some time to wean her from nursing to a bottle of formula. It has been traumatic!! She DESPISES formula (and I don't blame her, it's DISGUSTING!). So far, the best success I've had is with a sippy with a soft top full of partial formula, partial breast milk. Even then she only drinks about 2 oz a day from it. Hmmmmm...hopefully this ends well somehow!

Overall, my family and I are still positive. We have our hard days where the burden and worry of the effects of chemo and medical bills get us down, but overall, we still are able to find joy in our lives. I am learning more and more that happiness really DOES depend on our disposition and not our circumstance. Yeah, sure I have cancer, but look and everything else in my life that IS right. I know that happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy!

A lot of people have been praying for us and I can say that I feel uplifted from those prayers. So, thank you! I feel a strength beyond what I would normally feel thanks to you!

I will continue to update. Thanks for all your sweet comments that you leave after my posts, I love them!! Here is another question you can comment about.

WIG or NO WIG??? I am leaning more towards HATS. Whatever I choose, it will look DANG cute me!


4 comments:

Troy Westerberg said...

Thanks for the update Courtney. I almost sent you a message today to see what was up.

Good luck on your PET tomorrow. Hopefully it will be completely blank. You know you'll glow in the dark for a couple of weeks, though, right? j/k

My vote is no wig. Bald is beautiful, hats are cute and wigs are hot(ish) and require quite a bit of care.

Keep us posted!

Mark, Jessica, and William said...

You would look GREAT in hats! I love you, Courtney! You are in our prayers!

Kelli Dalley said...

Hmmm, I guess you could try both. That might be fun. You'll be beautiful no matter what.

Me, Myself and I said...

You will look DANG CUTE in whatever! It's your attitude, not your hair, that makes you who you are.