All I can say is....WOW!!!
Today started out a great. I am feeling pretty normal now so I can do "normal" stuff which feels absolutely wonderful. It even feels great to scrub toilets! I am sure that feeling will wear off soon! My sister-in-law, Kristin, hired her cleaning lady to come and clean my house (THANK YOU!!!) so Kristin, LT, Izzy and I went to the Air-Force Museum. It is one of LT's favorite places. He asks lots of questions, picks the planes he wants to fly and always somehow manages to talk someone into buying a toy at the store for him. When we got home I put Izzy down for a nap, set LT in front of the tv and called the chemo Dr. about a problem I had been having all day (won't go into detail, it's kind of embarrassing!!) and it was decided that I had to go in and see him and get some tests done. I sighed....I realized right then and there that the place where I get chemotherapy was my new home away from home, even on my weeks off! Then another problem entered my head, UGGHHHH! I need to find ANOTHER SITTER!!! When you get as many sitters as I have had in the past couple of weeks, you start to DREAD asking people. I know that people are SO willing and would be happy to do it, and they would just die if they knew I hesitated about asking them but I will always have a hard time asking people for help because I don't like to put people out. So, I sat down and worked on my computer for awhile and tried to think the problem through. Not long after I sat down and strong KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK sounded on my door. Major freaked, Landon charged to the door and I sighed, shook my head and opened the door. It was a person from my ward that I barely knew, but she had a great, bright, friendly smile and an offer I couldn't resist. We exchanged our hellos and she asked how I was feeling and I asked her to come in. She sat down and said, "I had the day off today and I was just doing housework and watching "Anne of Green Gables" and then it hit me that I needed to come over here and help you out! So, I'm here! What do you want me to do?? I could clean, I could do yard work..." My jaw dropped to the floor and I managed to say, "ACTUALLY...." and I spilled to her my story. We both paused as I think we both realized that she was inspired to come to my house today. So, she was able to stay at my house for the short time I was gone and I didn't even have to ask anyone to be my sitter, what a blessing! Miracle or Coincidence? Well, I guess however you choose to look at it. But I choose to look this blessed lady as AN ANGEL SENT FROM GOD!!!
P.S. Wig pictures ARE coming, it's just a matter of plugging my camera into my external hard drive, loading them on my computer, resizing them and uploading them using bloggers super easy (not) picture uploader. Can you see why it's taking me awhile. I have to really gear myself up for it since it takes so much energy!!
Softball/Brig & Madi visit
6 days ago




3 comments:
I feel the same way about asking for help, even though I know if someone asked me, especially with circumstances such as yours, I would do it in a heartbeat. It's funny how common the asking for help problem is! BTW, thank you, so much, for sharing your story. This must be such a difficult time, and I can't begin to tell you how much your faith inspires me. I wish I could come and help you out.
I love your stories as well. I'm hoping your "problem" was normal and taken care of. We love the HAFB museum as well. I'm glad you've got some energy back. Looks like a roller coaster ride for a a few months, but I know you'll pull through!
Hey -- even if though you live so far away -- if you are at the bottom of your list -- please call me if you need a babysitter. my kids would love to play with yours and I can always arrange to hang with my mom b4 or after. So seriously -- I would love to help -- and really can make it work!
-
You don't have to be at the bottom of you list -- just call! 455-7291! Love ya!
Post a Comment