Friday, April 23, 2010

Unforeseen Blessing

Blessings come out of trials right? Well I say a resounding "YES!" to that question. Let me tell you why...

Izzy has been a GREAT baby, she really has! Well, she started sleeping through the night pretty early in her life. Not only just through the night, but she would sleep like 13 hours straight. That was a great phase. Then she started waking up once a night at like 3 a.m. Every night! Frustrating, not bad, but still a little frustrating. I wanted to let her cry it out so that she could learn how to sleep through the night, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! She is so sweet and doesn't ask for much, I just couldn't be "mean" like that. Well, right after my PET scan, I couldn't feed her for 24 hours because of the radioactive fluids running through me. So, she woke up that night, expecting to eat and the only thing I could offer her was a bottle. She FREAKED out, gave up, and went back to sleep. And do you know what she's done? SHE HASN'T WOKEN UP ONCE DURING THE NIGHT SINCE! Ahhh, sweet uninterrupted sleep!

Do blessings come out of trials? Absolutely!

4 comments:

Jen said...

My sister-in-law has a great quote on her wall: "Sleeping babies must be what heaven is like."

So true. Congrats...and I hope it continues!

Carrilyne said...

I am so glad Izzy is sleeping through the night again for you it is truly a blessing! You are awesome and I am so glad (but not the least bit surprised!) that the Lord is blessing you in you time of trial!

Logan said...

Courtney your blog makes me cry every time! I'm so glad that Izzy is adjusting to the formula and sleeping through the night again.

Unknown said...

That's an awesome blessing!! So glad to hear that God answered that prayer LOUD & CLEAR!!