So yesterday was my first day with chemo. I got up early and was trying to remain positive but felt pretty scared. I went for a walk with a friend, shared my concerns and fears with her and shared a couple of tears. She is part of the Christ Community Church and she said that her and her group have been saying very specific prayers for me and my family and said that members of her group (who I don't even know by the way!) are happy to bring me dinners if I need them) I was so touched by the generosity that I started to tear up which made Stephanie tear up as well. Then my mom came over to take over taking care of the kids for most of the day. We shared a couple of tears as well and then off I was to chemo. I was met by the friendly staff at Utah Cancer Specialists in Layton, was poked and then the fun began for the next 5 hours. It was a pleasant time, it didn't hurt (except for the initial poke to get the IV in) and I was able to work on my computer for 3.5 hours.
I got home and was emotionally drained, but was met by my kids and mom who were full of sunshine. My son had gathered flowers (dandelions) just for me and my daughter showered me with wet, open-mouthed kisses. I was instantly healed and glad to be home. Since my work was done and my mother had lovingly done my family's laundry, I was able to play with kids and visit my father-in-law who just got surgery, for the rest of the day. We spent it out in the beautiful sunshine!!!
As the day progressed, I felt more and more tired so I spent the evening on the couch. I was so tired but didn't sleep well at all!!! Amazing how that works!
I just can't help but think about all the sweet acts of service that have been given to me. Just this morning, as I was in my chemo chair, I was struggling a little. Another patient came in with her hubby and her hubby said that my smile must mean that it's a perfect day. I said that I was trying to make it a perfect day. He then leaned over and gently said, "For what's it's worth, I hope all of God's blessing are upon you." I felt loved and started bawling, of course. It made me feel better! I feel like it was an answer to my prayer and I am thankful he was listening!
I still need to talk to you about our surprise that we received. I promise, it's coming!!




2 comments:
I am so glad it went well. How often are your treatments going to be? What days? Can I take your kids? Anything I can do to help...
Marek has been wanting to see Landon. Maybe we can hook up sometime soon.
Glad to see that you're surrounded by so much love. It makes the difference between tolerable and intolerable. Hang in there. You're in my thoughts.
Post a Comment