I very distinctly remember one special talk given in general conference by David A. Bednar, who has very quickly become one of my favorite speakers. He spoke about the tender mercies of the Lord. He said,
"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us."
I love the thought that the Lord is eager to bestow these gifts on us. I have seen His tender mercies in my life countless times and this day was no exception. As you can see from the last post, it was one of my harder days. I literally felt emotionally and physically exhausted, like I had been to hell and back. Seriously, I have never felt that way before and I don't want to feel that again. So then I came home to what? A loving neighbor who brought a darling bucketful of BIG, delicious, red apples with a sincere desire to know how I was doing. After she left I was visited by someone with a surprise dinner by another sweet neighbor of my FAVORITE food of LASAGNA and bread and salad. I went outside and I then found myself in the beautiful sunshine and then completely surrounded by sunny, happy neighbors hugging me, giving me words of encouragement and emotionally lifting me with their bright spirits. Does this kind of thing happen in my cul-de-sac everyday? No, I have great neighbors, but they don't just stand around and wait for me to come outside so they can brighten my day. I believe this was a tender mercy from the Lord. He knew just how to heal my soul and help me through that rough day. Thanks to those sweet people in my life that were listening to the promptings of the Spirit. Thanks for being a instrument in his hands and being apart of the Lord's tender mercy for me.




2 comments:
I truly believe it a blessing that you can connect these loving gestures to your religious ideals. Your faith will help you through this trial. Go Courtney!
Thanks always Troy, for your thoughtful comments and ENCOURAGEMENT!!! You're a great cuz!
Post a Comment