Hello everyone! I finally received word from my Dr. of what my fate is now that surgery is over. Last Monday, my Dr. went to a tumor conference. He presented my case to a large group of Dr.'s and 100% of them there thought further treatment is completely necessary. So...lucky me, I get chemotherapy. The last time I received chemo was when I pregnant with LT. Apparently, they didn't give the full treatment because I was pregnant and didn't want to harm the baby. I guess it didn't get rid of all the cancer cells which is why I got it again. This time, I will receive the entire treatment. The scary and frustrating thing is that no one knows FOR SURE what is going on. Nobody knows for sure why this cancer keeps coming back, there are just making an educated guess. Nobody knows for sure if I still have cancer cells in my body. I just have to trust the Dr.'s and do what they think is best.
I am not sure any of the details yet, but it sounds like I will have 4 treatments. I have no idea what that means. Last time I had 4 treatments and it took like a month and a half to complete them. Yes, I will lose my hair. I just won't think about that too much because I love my hair and love having it long, but I guess I needed a change anyway. The great thing is that my type of cancer is VERY curable. I am blessed in that way
Overall, I still feel positive. Yes, this is an extremely hard trial, but I feel sure I will make it through and become a better, stronger person. I worry about my family, but I think they will be ok too. We are strong and it will bond us closer together. We have received SO much help and support already and that is what gets us through.
A friend wrote me a letter that included this quote and I believe it with all my heart.
"No pain that we suffer...is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of...patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer..., especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven."
-Orson F. Whitney
So, friends, here I go on another chemotherapy journey, Let the fun begin!!!
Softball/Brig & Madi visit
6 days ago




6 comments:
Thanks for posting Courtney. I'm glad you finally got a hold of the Doctor.
David's cousin went to a wig shop in Las Vegas, and they were so sympathetic, they gave her a wig for free. She had Leukemia at the time. You could get a few colors if needs be.
We'll all be here for you. Hang in there.
Sheri
What a great quote.
Hair is hair. The thing that makes you attractive is that you are beautiful on the inside. It doesn't matter what the outside looks like, you'll still be the same beautiful Courtney.
Hey Courtney, now that you're in East Layton you're only a couple minutes from me... I'd be happy to watch your kids anytime you need, or bring you guys some food, or whatever. Seriously. Let me know.
I want to be just like you when I grow up:)
Hi Courtney. Just today I was thinking about you. You popped into my head out of no where so I felt like I need to let you know that I think of you often and have said many prayers for you. You are one amazing women and I know your Heavenly Father thinks so too. I will continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers as you go for round two of chemo. Please keep us posted. Hugs!!
I hope things are going as well as they can be. That is so hard--we will keep you in our prayers.
Post a Comment