
Watching Travis embrace fatherhood has been a treat. When Travis and LT are together, playing, reading a book or having a tickle session, sometimes I stop what I am doing and just stare from a distance and soak up the scene before me. I cherish those precious family moments and try and keep them in my memory. Below is a list of cute and interesting things that Travis has taught LT.
1. What a motorcycle is and how you ride it. He's also included tricks such as wheelies and stoppies.
2. "Dancing is for girls, not boys." I respond to Travis with a quick slap on the arm and a response of, "Travis, don't teach him such things, that's not true!"
3. Travis lets LT be around him when he fixes things, which he does quite often. LT already has an interest in tools and wants to "fix things" himself just like his Dada.
4. He has taught LT what a thrill is. He throws LT in the air just about as high as he can (while I am screaming my face off).
5. How to hold a bat and throw a ball.
6. He has taught him that men can cook too! LT loves to eat dada's butter toffee which he calls "coffee".
7. How to sit still in Sacrament meeting; sitting in Dada's lap with a good book.
8. He has taught him how to have a good time. Running around chasing eachother and Major - it doesn't get better than that.
Travis is a great father. He is far more patient than I am and teaches me by example how to be a more loving parent. Happy Father's Day Travis!




No comments:
Post a Comment