Friday, October 31, 2008

Tractor Costume

In August sometime I asked LT, "What do you want to dress up like for Halloween?"

I am not sure if he understood my question because I don't know if he really understands Halloween yet. Maybe he did understand me...whether he did or didn't, he quickly answered, "A TRACTOR!!!"

After much thought, effort and time, here is his precious tractor costume. It is complete with real John Deere stickers, working headlights and reflectors in the back to look like brake lights. I was relieved when he tried it on and LOVED it! Really you never know what a 2 year old is going to like or dislike, no matter how hard you worked on something. He is beside himself with excitement that he gets to go trick-or-treating tonight. Here is an example of a conversation we had.....

I said: "Landon, it's time for your nap!"

LT probably said, "I don't want to take a nap!"

I said: "Well, if we're going trick-or-treating tonight, you need to take a nap" (I am SUCH a mom!)

LT said: "AND GET CANDYYYYYY!"

I said: "Yeah! So lets read a book..."

LT said: "And get CANDYYYYYYY!"

I said: "And sing some songs...."
LT said: "And get CANDYYYYYYY!"

I said: "And then you can close your eyes, lay still and go to sleep"

LT said: "And get CANDYYYYYYY!"

I said: "Yes, sweetheart, and GET CANDY...sheesh"


7 comments:

Lizz said...

That's so cute and so unique! You guys did a great job!

Byron Events said...

what a great costume - so did he get cannnnndyyyy? Tyler did and didn't really care too much but he had fun.

Bobbidee said...

How cute and creative. Good job!

Me, Myself and I said...

You win best costume of the year!!! This is awesome!

The Stephenson Family said...

So darn CUTE! I love the idea and Landon's smile melts my heart! LOVE YOU!!

Kelli Dalley said...

Oh my GOSH! That is the cutest thing ever. I think if my 2 year old came up with that idea, I would come up with some lame excuse for him not to be a tractor. But, no! You're an awesome mom and you made it work! It turned out so cute! I think you get the creative prize!

Baird Family said...

You are officialy the most creative person I know. That costume is SO cute. Trevor was bursting in my lap when I pulled up those pictures of LT.