Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our big weekend

This past weekend was very eventful, we spent it on MARS!
Just kidding of course! We actually spent it on the MOON!

Ok….for reals….we did have an eventful weekend, though. Since it was General Conference weekend, my sister and her awesome family came from Rigby, Idaho and stayed with my parents. On Friday, LT and I went with her family and my parents to the Gateway. We spent a lot of time in the Clarke Planetarium and handled and played with everything in their gift shop.
LT was excited to play in the fountains again, so this time I came prepared with his swimmin’ suit. He wasn’t as excited to play in them this time. His enthusiasm completely fled when he just about got run over by a punk teenager on a skateboard.
The next day, after conference, we watched Travis’ last race of the season. It was sooooo stinkin’ cold and rainy. Travis raced in the rain and managed to stay on two wheels the whole time. Travis said he MIGHT post his own account of this race, that would be cool, eh? If he doesn’t, I’ll just tell you that he got fourth place, which was enough to secure his first place as GTO Champion for 2008! Congrats Travis, I am VERY proud of you!
Anyway, we had a great time with my parents and sister’s family. Thanks everyone for the fun weekend!

I love conference. I learned so many things but two things that stood out most to me that I need to work on are

1. Read the Book of Mormon everyday. I’ve read the BoM many times but have been studying the Bible with Travis lately. I really need to incorporate studying and reading the BoM as well; it will be an added strength to me.
2. Enjoy everyday. President Monson’s last talk focused on enjoying every moment. I am in the season in my life where I am focusing on raising a family and it won’t be long before that season will close. I am sure I will look back and miss these days and wish I would have enjoyed them more. So I will try to enjoy everyday. Travis and I are also hoping to have more kids someday, but it’s not happening fast enough and it’s discouraging. I just need to enjoy my time with LT, I am blessed to be able to have at least one child.

On a final note, I was looking at a picture of me and was completely disgusted. I run 3 miles a day and look like THAT!?? Seriously, if 3 miles a day doesn’t make me skinny, what will? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

The Stephenson Family said...

Love your new blog template!!!! So very cute! Anyhoo, you look fantastic! I have no idea what your even talking about. There is nothing you need to do different...just keep doing what you are doing.

Thanks for a FUN weekend!

LOVE YA!

Lizz said...

You are completely awesome looking. I've been dieting though and I found a great website to trach calories. It will even tell you how many calories you need to eat to get to the weight that you want. www.livestrong.com
I've been dieting and working out for about 3 1/2 months and I've lost 11 pounds. Keep up the good work!

Courtney said...

Awesome, I will check it out thanks!