Today I got...
7 bags of Halloween Candy (fun sized candy bars Butterfingers, Snickers, etc.) - $1.23 ea. (on sale plus I had many coupons)
1 bag Green Giant Fresh Steamer broccoli - FREE (There were .99 and I had a $1.00 off coupon)
2 big tubes of Crest toothpaste - $1.00 (They were on sale for $1.00 each and I had a coupon for $1.00 off 2)
1 Softsoap liquid hand soap - $.65 (they were on sale for $1.00 and I had a .35 coupon)
Now, pretty soon these numbers will be more impressive. I just signed up for 4 newspapers so I will get 4 sets of coupon books (I know it sounds crazy but just listen...think food storage). So I would have gotten 4 bags of broccoli for free and 8 tubes of toothpaste for $4.00 and wouldn't have to buy them again until there was another sale. The system is great because I will build up a large food storage and spend $200 a month on groceries (including toiletries). Supposedly! I can see it working, but we'll see if I can do it. My friend down the street spends $200 a month on her family of 6.
THEN...We got a wooden train set for LT for $68 with free shipping from Amazon. LT drools over these things and this set is usually $100. I can't wait for him to open it, he will probably quite literally poop his pants.





5 comments:
I have had friends do that for a while now and it does work it just seems like it is a full time job, but maybe I just need to bite the bullet and do it. Let me know how it goes.
I will, it's easier than I thought actually...you don't clip coupons unless you have to!
I've thought about doing that, but I'm not disciplined enough. I just use a coupon if I happen to have one on something I normally buy. Keep posting though, I like to hear of deals!
www.grocerysmarts.com (code - g84cjd)
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
Courtney, you are a trooper. I gave the coupon clipping a whirl and it made me crazy trying to figure out when to use them and which ones to combine and which stores to go to...I gave up. :(
I love the train set you got for LT! We're planning on one for Trev for Christmas and just can't decide which brand. Isn't Christmas so much more fun when you have children to shop for?!
Yes! Christmas is sooo much more fun!
I know, couponing is kind of a pain, but I kind of get a rush if I find good deals, so it's worth it!
Post a Comment