Monday, October 27, 2008

The Pumpkin Season's Here Again!

Tonight we laid out the newspaper, sharpened our knives (or brought out the Dremel if you're into power tools like Travis) and carved our pumpkins. I had a great time and I think LT and Travis did too. Major, on the other hand, was not happy, she was disappointed that she didn't like the pumpkin seeds that fell on the ground. She just stood there and sulked. Usually when something falls from the table, it's a tasty treat for her.


LT was pretty excited to scoop out some of the guts.

Travis had to carve his Apex Track Days "A" into his pumpkin and was very proud of his accomplishment. I carved traditional faces and in the smallest one I punched holes through it so it would have polka-dots.



We got our pumpkins from Pack's Pumpkin Patch in Farmington. We invited my parents to come and we had a great time! There have a large patch with THOUSANDS of Pumpkins to choose from, a hay maze and a corn maze.

There was a tent where you could buy your pumpkins and there was this little spot with lots of things to look at. The old guy with the beard is a fake, but a microphone hooks up to it and a person in another location can talk through the mic and the lips and eyes move on this guy. LT was a little scared of this plastic dude and we could not get a decent picture in front of him. Oh well, fun memories! Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

Pack's Farm... I will have to remember that.

I love all the songs in your music player!

Byron Events said...

How fun - I tried to get my husband to go to a pumpkin patch, didn't work - we bought ours at walmart. Then he left town and left me to carve the pumpkins, ya right, so I painted them instead. Check out my blog and see how creative! Tyler had fun too.

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had a fun night! I love this time of year! I can't wait to see some pictures of LT in his costume:)
ps. You should be getting your apron today or tomorrow...FINALLY!!