I was finished ironing so I moved on to vacuuming. About midway through the house (like 2 minutes from the last time I saw him) I decided to check up on LT just to make sure he was ok (and that the house was ok). I found him in the laundry room, where Major sleeps and eats. I noticed that there were large puddles of water all over the room. It looked like LT had a pool party in Major's water bowl. I shook my head as my face turned redder and my patience was growing thinner by the minute. This time I took the picture and then made LT help me mop the water up.
The house was vacuumed so I moved on to dusting. This time I could keep a better eye on him since I was moving quickly around the house. I don't know how he did it so fast but I went into my room to dust and saw that LT had gotten a hold of the plant in my room. This plant had some dead leaves on it so it looked like LT had grabbed handfuls of this plant and thrown them all over my freshly vacuumed floor. I took a deep breath and swallowed hard as I choked down the urge to scream at the top of my lungs at him.
Finally finished with the daily chores, we went grocery shopping. We had a fine time, as we usually do when we're out and about and I can strap him tightly in a grocery cart. We came home and was pleasantly surprised to see Travis home from work for lunch. We ate lunch and then I got LT out of his seat. The time while Travis is home is always my favorite time of the day. Everything was so pleasant; Travis and I were having a nice conversation and LT was playing quietly by himself. Or so we thought. I looked to see what LT was up to. LT was dunking his monster truck in Major's water and was pushing it throughout the room so there were big puddles of water ALL over the room again. I gave a "I give up" laugh and didn't even bother to take a picture.
I was very happy to put him down for a nap this day. It's amazing how sweet and innocent they look while they sleep.




4 comments:
Man, what a day you had! You are so patient!! Where the heck did you get that trait from and why didn't I get any? LT looks so darn sweet sleeping...what an angel!
my almost two year old does 3 times as much bad things during the day, eating dog food and dirt, hitting dogs, licking dogs, screaming at the top of his lungs, NOOOOO! You have it easy! J/K. 2 year old boys are tough! I think I am done having boys! One is enough! Nap time is the best time of the day!
I highly doubt that YOU ever lose your patience! I have to admit I am glad to hear he's not a perfect child...I was beginning to wonder! However, I do think that if I were to post some of Trevor's two-year old moments, that you might feel better about LT's!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has days like that.
Post a Comment