
1. We met at Weber State in an Intro to the University program. Travis had just returned home from a mission and I was just graduated from high school.
2. Our first date was at the Red Robin restaurant and then we watched “Sense and Sensibility.”
3. I was so excited about our first date that I wanted to look extra special so I painted my finger nails red. Travis actually noticed and thought that I must think he’s pretty special. He still chuckles about it to this day.
4. Our second date was a drive up to Francis Peak. This is where said how we felt about each other. No first kiss here, but we did HOLD HANDS!
5. Our first kiss was on our third date while watching “Prince of Egypt” at his parent’s house.
6. I got my job at Hema Metrics and worked there for 6 years.
7. We dated for 9 months and got engaged on top of Francis Peak (white towers on top of the mountain) very early in the morning on my birthday.
8. We got married 3 months later in the Bountiful Temple and had our reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
9. Our honeymoon was a Western Caribbean cruise
10. We lived in a 450 sq. ft. apartment our first year.
11. Travis built our coffee table and kitchen table and we still have both.
12. Travis and I both made about the same amount of money when we were first married, something like $9.00 an hour!
13. I had my first bout with cancer a year into our marriage.
14. We lived in a free house in Layton for 9 months.
15. Our favorite thing to do together during our earlier years of marriage was get together with friends and go out to eat at different restaurants on the weekends.
16. We moved into some wonderful apartments up against the mountains in Layton. We lived there for 2 years.
17. Travis got his first sport bike.
18. Travis started his own side business (to pay for his expensive hobby) with 4 other guys, Apex Track Days. The business is alive and doing well.
19. I graduated with my Associates of Arts degree from Weber State.
20. I taught ballet as a small second job for one year.
21. We moved into our first house in 2004
22. We got Major in April 2005. She was a birthday present for me and we traveled all the way to Boise to get her.
23. I found out I was pregnant with LT on my birthday in 2005 and he was due on Travis’ birthday.
24. Travis canned tomatoes and pears with his own two hands because I was too sick from the pregnancy to do it. He still cans to this day.
25. Travis graduated from Weber State with a Bachelors Degree. He got a psychology major and a technical sales minor.
26. I had my second bout with cancer while I was pregnant with LT

27. LT was born healthy and perfect almost 4 weeks early on February 13th

28. I made the transition to stay-at-home mommy and got a little at home job I can do while LT is sleeping.
29. Travis got a job with NES (North Eastern Services) and enjoys it.
30. And here we are! It’s amazing how fast 8 years have gone! These past 8 years have been filled with wonderful times and we’ve also seen some hard times. Good times or hard times, I’m just thankful that I’ve had Travis by my side to share all these memories with. He is a wonderful man and my love for him grows deeper as the years go by. Happy Anniversary honey!




5 comments:
You two are wonderful together. How cute!
The whole time with my medical mystery I kept thinking about you and how scary that must have been. You are a strong, strong woman.
Oh - and, I'm too lazy to go back and comment on your other post - you sing well! I like it! Where do you take?
I don't know if you'll look at this comment or not, but I take from Maryanne Martin here in our city! I went to high school with her and think she's great!
WOW! What a great way to remember these 8 special years. I can't believe you had cancer twice! That is so scary. I'm so happy you made it through. We miss so much when we graduate and move away. I'm glad I get a sneak peak into your lives! It's nice to see old friends. I hope you continue to have fun, it seems you have a lot of it!
Love this, Court! Congrats on the 8 years! You can take a deep breath...you made it passed the 7 year Itch! WAY TO GO! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
LOVE YOU!
Linds
Happy aniversary - I just celebrated 5 years - and I have two kids - holy crap. What cancer did you have? So sorry. My husband had tissue cancer and had to have 4 surgerys to final get ride of it. I was pregnant at the time. Also - what side job do you do at home??? very interested! send me an email - let me know! jennynoall@yahoo.com
Post a Comment