I went to my Dr. yesterday and had my usual pregnancy check-up. He poked, dug, measured etc. and then talked about the "I" word...INDUCTION! I hadn't really thought about induction, I thought for sure I was going to go a little early with this one, since I went early with LT. Here I am 38 1/2 weeks along and my Dr. wants to induce me now. I am all for letting nature take it's course (to a certain extent) so I say if it's after my due date, and no baby, then induction it is! Then he said, "I don't know if I told you this, but I will be out of town August 7th through the 14th. Hmmm, this complicates things, I am due on the 9th. So, we had to schedule me for the Wednesday the 5th. So, for sure, on Wednesday the 5th I will have a sweet, warm, cuddly baby girl in my arms. I am excited and a little anxious. I try to be a good mom with LT, I really do, but a lot of the time I feel inadequate, tired and ornery (I hate that word "ornery" but couldn't think of a better word). I just hope I will be able to rise to the challenge of having two and enjoy my children to the fullest since this is the only time in my life I will be able to raise my own kids. So, here are a few lists of things I will miss when I have a new baby, things I am excited for and things I want to do right away after I am not pregnant anymore.
Things I will miss when I have a new baby1. SLEEP
2. Time to relax
3. Endless amounts of one-on-one time with LT
4. Feeling sane
Things I am excited for when I have a new baby1. having a sweet baby to hold and kiss
2. dressing a girl!
3. Adding another personality to our family
4. watching LT be a big brother
5. watching Travis respond to having a daughter
6. Doing her hair
7. Anticipating and taking part in her "firsts". First smile, first roll over, first time she sits up...
8. putting massive flowers and headbands on her head
Things I will do when I am not pregnant anymore1. Sleep on my back
2. Sprawl out on my stomach
3. Jog for miles and miles and miles with my dog
4. Water ski and try wake-boarding (that might be next summer)
5. Go down a BIG waterslide (again, probably next summer)
6. ride a motorcycle
7. lay in bed and not feel pains anywhere
8. stretch in the morning and not get leg cramps
Ahh, I can't wait to have my body back! I can't wait to have my baby! Wish us luck!
2 comments:
Little girls are so much fun to dress. I love buying stuff for all my nieces. I love the big headbands with flowers. I am so excited for you!
Oh and my email... I guess I should have read your blog first! :)
Oh I agree with everything you had to say. 2 kids as much a challenge as a blessing. I was excited about the little girl to do her hair - but sadly, not much hair as of yet - she is 1. good luck with everything - induction is not so bad -- i would do it again!
Post a Comment