Thursday, March 26, 2009

20 Weeks!

Yesterday was a super good day! I felt great and to top that off I was able to go to Mckay-Dee and have an ultrasound and see our little baby girl. I packed LT up and drove 30 yards to Travis' work to pick him up. His coworkers and clients wanted to meet me so we went in and met all the nice people he works with. Then we headed for the hospital. I just think it's an extra special treat when we get to be together as a family during the day on a weekday. When we got to the ultrasound room she got me all goo-ed up and ready to go. Then she took one look at my bladder and said, "Oh my goodness, your bladder is so full!" and she sent me right to the bathroom. I guess I was a little embarrased. I had it full because last time, they told me to have a full bladder because it's easier to see the baby! Has technology really changed that much in 3 years? So, after that, I laid down, much more comfortably this time, and just watched them measure our sweet little girl. She was moving around a ton and turning over and making it very tricky for the poor tech to get all the measurements. All measurements are normal and good and right on with the due date. Landon, of course, had plenty of questions. "Mom, why is the baby dark?" "Mom, what are you laying on?" We then went to eat at the hospital's cafe or cafeteria. It really was yummy. I was surprised. Mckay Dee is such a nice hospital and I'm really glad I get to have her there. I was pleased with Ogden Regional too when I had LT.

So, I wish I had some photos of her that I got yesterday, but they gave me a DVD instead and one photo shot of her cute little bum, confirming that yes, it is a girl. I do have a photo of me 20 weeks along.

9 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

You look great! Glad you got to see her. Can't wait 'til everyone can see her! :D

Baird Family said...

I'm glad you have an ultrasound to prove there's a baby in there, because I'm not seeing it! You look fantastic!

Carrie said...

They told me the same "full bladder" story before we were getting Lauren's ultrasound. I was DYING! They had us wait in the waiting room for like 45 minutes because their computer system had gone down. Then they ended up having me use the bathroom anyway, because they couldn't get a good view of the baby with the bladder so full. Why don't they make up their mind! :)

Anyway- congratulations again!!! I'm so excited for you!

The Stephenson Family said...

You look MARVELOUS! What a darling shirt!!! I am excited that everything is measuring perfectly and that it is for sure a little girl! YEAH!

LOVE YOU!

Bobbidee said...

You look great, I am so excited for you. :)

The Ribbles said...

You do look great! Its good to hear everything is going well!

Kevin and Cassie Cardon said...

Congrats, you guys are such a cute family! Tell Travis hi for me...

Don Markland said...

We are having our Director Workshop and we decided to pull up the famous Child family blog. What joy it was to partake of the viewing and reading pleasure of your blog. Thank you so much for the enlightenment and passion you portray over the world wide web.

Sincerely,

The Utah Region at Focus Services, LLC

Heather said...

That's great that you are having a girl! I'm way excited for you :) My roommate is actually interning at McKay Dee in the Labor and Delivery. She is going into social work so she talks to all the moms when they are ready to go home. She will be there til December so you might meet her :) Again, CONGRATS!!!