Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last Christmas, I Gave you My Heart...

You know what they say about Rainy Days and Mondays right? Well, they don't exactly get me down all the time but yesterday I was feeling a bit couped up and bit more solemn than usual. LT was feeling a little under the weather too because he had a runny nose the a cough the whole day. Well, we were sitting down to lunch and we were quietly eating when LT looked at me and very seriously said...

"Last Christmas, I gave you my hawt (heart) and the very next day...you gave it away." My jaw dropped as he continued, "This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special."

I was trying to figure out why my two-year-old would say such a thing and how he is so poetic and then a split second later I realized he was repeating a Christmas song he heard on the radio on Friday. It must have made an impression on him because he had only listened to it once and he had the chorus memorized. Anyway, he definitely brightened my day as I laughed myself sick. What a cutie patootie!

7 comments:

Erin said...

He is such a smart little boy! That would make me happy too!!

Just to let you know on Friday Nov 14th we will be changing our blog from erinulm.blogspot.com to derekanderin.blogspot.com! Thought I would let you know so you can update your blog so we can still keep in touch!

The Stephenson Family said...

Hahahahaha! I love it! I have a story about that song too! Last year, Maddy heard that song and asked if that is what happened to Mom and Dad (Janet). I couldn't believe she picked up on the words like that!!

LOVE YOU!

Linds

The Stephenson Family said...

P.S. What the heck are you doing listening to Christmas music anyway??? You NAUGHTY PONY!

Courtney said...

hahaha Lindsay! They started playing Christmas music on the radio stations here the DAY after Halloween. Can you believe it? So, we travelled all the way to Highland one day and I couldn't help myself...it was 2 hours of Christmas music bliss!

Me, Myself and I said...

That is too cute! They pick up on everything, don't they?!

The Ribbles said...

Wow such a smart cute little boy.

Sheri Johnson said...

I now have that song stuck in my head!! I can just see him looking up at you with those big eyes reciting that so sweetly. What a funny boy.