I am a homemaker and proud of it! One of my favorite things to do as a homemaker is bake and cook. Cooking and I haven't always gotten along. In fact our relationship had a disastrous beginning. I've ruined countless recipes (french toast INCLUDED!) and then there was the time when I LITERALLY started my apartment on fire. I have tried to improve my skills over the years and as I've sweated and toiled over pie crusts, homemade pastas, breads, and angel food cakes I have come to LOVE cooking. That's not to say that I am perfect at it, because I am NOT. But, I do enjoy it and I am much better at it. I haven't had a fire in the kitchen for nearly 6 years!
It was my mother's idea to start entering in our culinary creations to the Davis County Fair a couple of years ago. My first entry was Peanut Butter Blossom cookies. My FAVORITE cookies! Apparently they weren't the judges favorites because I got second place. The next year I entered some rolls, which I admit weren't that great. It was just an ok recipe. I got second that year as well. This year, I entered my new and improved dinner roll recipe and got a BLUE RIBBON!!! My mom gets a blue ribbon every year and this year was no different! Way to go mom!


So, after we found out our results we hung out at the fair. LT and I indulged in a Navajo Taco, wiped the grease off our faces and hands and rode the rides. I bought LT a cotton candy and he dove face first into it. 





7 comments:
way to go on the blue ribbon! I haven't yet started kitchen on fire, but very close. My husband gave me a limit on how hot I can cook on the burner! Cute little boy! You are braver then I to give him cotton candy!
Congrats on
1) the blue ribbon
2) being fire-less for 6 years
:)
Thanks for the congrats. Let's hope I am not jinxing myself on the fire issue!
Congrats on the blue ribbon and I'm jealous that you had a Navajo Taco. They are my favorite, I really wish more places around here had them on their menu's.
nice job courtney! i was glad to see that you blog too!
Congratulations on the blue ribbon, that's awesome!!
I'm so happy that you've moved on from the kitchen burning days. I, sadly, have not but I am slowly eeking my way to being satisfactory.
I can't tell you how often I pull up your blog and find that LT and Trevor have the exact same outfit. :)
Post a Comment