Tuesday, July 29, 2008

24th of July

Ahhh the 24th! I feel a great sense of satisfaction when I think that Utah has this holiday and no one else does. It was a greater feeling when I was working and I got the day off and I knew that everyone else around the country was working!

We had a great day! We headed out to Fort Buenaventura in Ogden. It's kind of like a big park with a fort and a pond. You kind of feel like you're not in downtown Ogden, but in the mountains or something. Anyway, they had all kinds of "Pioneer stuff" like you could see how to shear sheep, make corn husk dolls, make candles, canoe, ride behind ponies, potato sack race etc. etc. It really was fun. I think LT had fun too.

My favorite thing that we did was the canoe ride. Landon didn't quite know what to think of it, but lately he seems to be up for anything, no matter how scary it seems, so he just sat in the canoe with an unsure look on his face.

That night we went to my parent's house and had ice-cream and swam in their neighborhood pool. LT is really catching on to swimming. He has a new-found freedom with his water wings. He can swim around without his mom holding on to him. I am still VERY close by watching his every move, of course. Then he got even braver and started jumping off the side into my arms. He has his father's need for adrenaline rushes I guess!
We had a great fun-filled day and I hope you all did too!







2 comments:

The Stephenson Family said...

That place looks like so much fun! Please take me there sometime!

Love you!

Courtney said...

I would love to! Just come to Utah!