Travis is doing better. He got home from the hosp on Friday after threatening that he would rip the IV's out and leave if nobody did it soon. His internal injuries seem better, it's his HEAD that's killing him. Everytime he sits up, stands us or makes a sudden move he has a POUNDING head rush. Poor guy. Poor sick, sad family! (We don't really feel sick and sad, but if you were a fly on the wall, you might feel a little bit sorry for the condition our family is in with both Travis and I attached to the couch most of the time!)
I have had many sweet moments this week. I love being reunited with my kids when I get home from my 6 hours of being away. They kiss me and LT tells me all about what he did. I am sure Izzy would do the same thing if she could talk. I swear her little spunky personality comes out more and more everyday. She is talking, moving around and likes to give my bald head a good slappin'. Silly girl! I also had a visit from my sis-in-law, Kristin who also brought some much appreciated Jamba Juice and other treats and we exchanged lots of laughs and even some tears. Then I had a visit from the Relief Society Presidency today who also brought a Jamba Juice. YUM! I am thankful for the good people I am getting to know through all of this that I probably wouldn't have gotten to know otherwise.
Good things come from trials. They really do!! We are all going to experience them, trials, that is, none of us are exempt. I have been taught and truly believe that we are all here to be tried and tested so that we can show our devotion to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We might as well go through them gracefully right? I am trying!




5 comments:
2 more days of Chemo, yay! I'm glad this time is going a bit better. I'm also glad Travis is feeling better as well. Lot's of storms, but the sun will start shining soon enough.
Oh my! I am so impressed by your faith Courtney! I hope both of you get feeling better soon, that is awful. Your kids are darling. :)
I'm glad you have something to do while you sit in your chemo chair. Can't wait to see pictures of your bald head. I'll bet you look cute. Keep up the good work!
I love to read your updates! am so glad you are surviving!
So impressed and inspired by your faith! You guys are so amazing!! I am glad to hear it seems like things are starting to look better. I have been thinking about you often! I miss seeing you!! If you EVER need help please call me, I am totally there for you even last second! :) Love ya girl!!!
Post a Comment