Thursday, May 6, 2010

When It Rains...It Pours I tell ya!!

Hello again from Mckay Dee Hospital! This time, I'm not here for me, I'm here for Travis! Today Travis, his boss and coworker went to a dirt motorcycle track. They were just going to ride in the morning and then go back to work. I had a Pulmonary Function Test at Mckay Dee Hosp. so I did that and then went to home. When I pulled into the driveway, I saw Trav's truck and motorcycle and I was excited to see that Travis was home and that I caught him before he left for work. I found Travis lying in bed looking completely awful! He complained about how terrible he felt and said he got in a wreck. He said that he had no idea what happened because he hit his head and was knocked unconscious! He complained about how much his side hurt. The pain was getting worse and worse so we decided to take him to the InstaCare. I loaded Travis and the kids up and away we went. At the InstaCare, the Dr. checked him out and ordered an ambulance to come and pick him up. The Dr. was worried about internal damage and wanted to get him to the hosp. in case surgery was needed. So, I dropped my kids house at my angelic in-laws house (I call them angelic because of how much they have had to help us lately) and rushed again to McKay Dee Hosp. They ran CAT scans and X-Rays and determined that he hurt his kidney and his intestines and that there was nothing they could do but give him pain meds and watch him for internal bleeding. So, here we are at the hospital AGAIN. Travis will be fine, he gets stronger as the hours go by. We hope that he can go home tomorrow. I am thankful that he will be ok and that no surgery was needed or anything, it could have been worse. When it rains, it pours!!

7 comments:

Carrilyne said...

I was so worried!! I am glad to hear he is getting better! Atleast you aren't in the hospital for yourself!! Tell that husband of your to take a break from all his life threatening hobbies and let you get through this stage for a while!

The Rasband Family said...

Wow Courtney, hang in there, you are truly an inspiration! If you ever need anything just call and I'll be there!

The Stephenson Family said...

Holy moly!

I called to talk to you this morning and Mom answered your phone. I was very surprised to hear what happened! I am glad to hear he is doing better. Geesh!
Let me know if you need some help!
Love you!

The Rasband Family said...

Courtney call me and let me know a good day to bring you dinner.

Troy Westerberg said...

Man, what is UP with you people? Seriously, I'm glad that things are OK. Internal injury is nothing to fool around with. You guys did all the right things. I wish everyone did.

Keep us posted.

catherine said...

Seriously...as if you guys need another thing to deal with! I'm glad he's okay. How are *you* feeling? My offer stands. If you need ANYTHING at all, I am more than happy to help out. I'm really only about 5 minutes away from you guys. Let me know if you need me to take your kids, bring you food, whatever! 801.644.8135

Me, Myself and I said...

That is scary! How did he make it home after being knocked out? It really does pour. Life is crazy, but you have such a great attitude about it all.