Hello everyone from my dark room at LDS Hospital. It is dark in my room because I have Izzy next to me in the same room and she is trying to sleep. I should tell you right off, I am on pain meds, so if I say something off-the-wall, you know why!
My day started at 5:30 a.m. I woke up, took a shower, sort of did my hair and did no make-up. I knew my hair and make-up would be completely ruined anyway, so I didn't even bother. Then I did some necessary surgery preparatory work (you don't wan to know, you REALLY don't). The kids and hubby got up so the morning went on as usual, breakfast, feeding the baby, getting everyone dressed and ready for the day. I had to be at the hosp. at 8:45 so we dropped LT and the dog off at my sis-in-law's house and we were off.
I felt so nervous, and yet peaceful. I know I made the right decision to get a full hysterectomy even though it meant not having more kids. It's better to not play with fire anymore. I was nervous because of the surgery. Would everything go ok? How would my nursing Izzy do while I was out for 5 hours? How would my body react to having no hormones? Well, scared or not, I really had no choice, I was having surgery no matter what. So, the IV went in, I said good-bye to my mom, dad and hubby and off I went to the operating room. I guess the surgery was about 4 hours and everything went well. The diagnosis. Dysgerminoma, the same cancer I've had twice before.
So now what? Well, the cancer hadn't spread to surrounding areas which is great, but the Dr. thinks chemotherpy is still necessary. He thinks the reason I have had this cancer so much is that there are cancer cells somewhere in my body. I will find out what he wants to do for sure next week some time. I am bummed that this isn't over yet, but at least I've had chemo before so it's not as scary. I am not thrilled with the prospect of losing my hair! Oh well, good comes out of everything, maybe my hair will grow back blonde and beautiful!
How did Izzy do? Just fine apparently. She just ate peas and drank some water while I was out. Nursing has proceeded as normal!
I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you for your sweet comments. Truly, it's the sweet gestures and acts of service that make this burden feel so much lighter. Love you all!
Trunk or Treat
3 days ago




6 comments:
So glad you're doing okay. Been thinking about you today. You're in our thoughts.
I'm glad that you are doing okay. You are so strong and I really admire you!
Sweetie -- glad to hear everything is doing ok. cancer just sucks no matter what kind. Sorry you have to go through so much. Our prayers are with you!
I am so glad everything went ok! I really admire how strong you are with everything you have been through.
We are so glad to hear an update from you so soon. Thank you! Even though we talked to Linds yesterday to get an update on the surgery. We're glad everything went well for the surgery. We love you so much. We will continue to pray for you :)
Courtney!! Soooo glad it went well! You are SUCH a great friend an inspiration!! hugs!!
Post a Comment