Monday, February 2, 2009

A Surprise From Cancoo


There is something different about Courtney's tummy...is it

a) the result of WAY too many Pina Coladas in Cancun?
b) nothing...it always looks pleasantly plump!
c) a baby bump

If you guessed A, you are probably half right! I had WAY too many Pina Coladas in Cancun. If you guessed B...I am mad at you. If you guessed C then you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! I am 13 weeks pregnant! Yay!

Everything is going well so far. I have been to three doctor's appointments with an ultrasound each time and it's fun to see the baby grow. It was still just as emotional to hear the baby's heartbeat this time as it was with LT. I have been sick, but I think I am starting to feel better. Travis has been extremely helpful and understanding which is a huge blessing because it's so hard to get things done when you feel like you have the stomach flu everyday. I am guessing that it's a boy. Does anybody else have any guesses?

We are excited and LT even shows some interest. He asks lots of questions about the baby, talks about the "baby in mama's belly", tries to tickle it and asks me what the baby is saying. I think he'll be a great big brother.

The Title of this post is "Suprise from Cancoo." If you're wondering why it says that, the picture of me was on the beach at Cancun. LT calls "Cancun" , "Cancoo".

So, stay tuned...more updates to come!

11 comments:

Logan said...

Congrats Courtney and Travis! Thats great news!

The Kailing Family said...

Yeah!!! congrats Court...it's kinda crazy I'm now to the point that I'm counting down the weeks not up! I'm so excited for you!

Byron Events said...

Yeah for you! Thats awesome! I bet it will a girl. I wanted my second to be a boy at first, but Lacey came instead!

Erin said...

Yay!! That is awesome news :) Congrats and I hope you are feeling ok!

Bobbidee said...

YEAH! We are so excited for you! I hope your pregnancy goes Great!

Me, Myself and I said...

I really did think you forgot the "N". I just blamed it on the forgetfulness that pregnancy hormones cause sometimes. That's funny that LT calls it "Cancoo", hehee.

TWO QUESTIONS:
1) What bump? For serious, you are flatter than a board. You look stunning in that pic. You're so glowing!
2) Where did you get that awesomely adorable swimsuit?!

And, ummmm.... I think.... girl. :)

PS - Did you know Doug's back at Hema? We went to visit; oh man, he's a hoot.

catherine said...

Congratulations Courtney! That is so exciting :) And seriously, your belly does not look plump AT ALL. You look amazing! And I *love* that swimsuit! Where did you get it?

Baird Family said...

WAHOO! That's so exciting. I hope you get feeling better soon. And I don't know what 'baby bump' you're talking about. Mine is bigger than yours and I'm not pregnant!

Liz said...

Congrats! What resort did you stay at in Cancun? We stayed at one and it was horrible and we have been scared to ever go back, but your pics looked so fun!

The Ribbles said...

Congrates! That is so exciting!
So we should try to get together sometime for lunch soon!

rylissite said...

Okay, I realize that this is way late, but CONGRATS I'm very excited for you, there's nothing like having a sibling for your kids! I hope you continue to feel better and better, and have a good pregnancy! BTW I don't see any baby bump!