Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh my FUN!

When you have kids, the world that you left behind when you became an adult opens back up again. Coloring in a coloring book, playing with clay, reading kid books, watching cartoons, playing with toys, and watching the latest Disney/Pixar movie all come back into your life and they are sociably acceptable to participate in again. I have missed these things, honestly, and have enjoyed thoroughly sharing them with my son and am GLAD that I have many years ahead to enjoy these things. One of the activities I had left behind was sledding. So Travis, LT and I spent an hour driving around town to find an inner-tube for our sled (TRY IT AS A SLED AND YOU WON'T GO BACK TO THOSE PLASTIC THINGS!) Then, we spent some time looking for a good hill (Major lack of planning, I know). We found one and had a GREAT time. LT loved every moment and was sad when we had to leave. This is something we'll have to do again!

5 comments:

Byron Events said...

When my husband was in town ( he is traveling) we searched all over for a sled - never could find one. Thanks for the tip, looks like fun!

Me, Myself and I said...

Paul insists that we buy a metal round disc sled. He already has one picked out at Smith & Edwards. I'm with you, though, inner tube all the way! I like my body to be pampered as I'm racing down a freezing cold hill.

Baird Family said...

I completely agree...tubing is the ONLY way to go! The problem we have is that a sled is much easier to store in our apartment.
Looks like lots of fun! We took Trev awhile ago and I was shocked at how daring he is. Trev jumped straight fromt eh kiddie hill to the big guy scary hill that I wouldn't even consider! Was LT the same way?

Logan said...

How much fun! Who knew it was so hard to find a tube! In North Ogden there was a great hill at Lomond View Park that we always went to.

The Ribbles said...

How fun! Its so true that you loose the fun things in life being an adult. :)