Sunday, January 10, 2010

This week in pics

I didn't put a whole lot of Christmas decorations up this year because we moved in our new house the weekend before Christmas. We did manage to get the family together to make gingerbread houses (with graham crackers) and we displayed those with pride on the countertop of our kitchen. When we took down what we did put up, I put everything in rubbermaid boxes and stored it away. But, what to do with our gingerbread houses? At least an hour of work had been put into these houses and we felt pride for our results. I really had no qualms about just tossing them, but I knew LT would. So, I tried to think of a way to make it less painful for him. Then I thought, "I bet he wouldn't mind demolishing them." So, I proclaimed that for Family Home Evening, after the lesson, we would have our first annual "Gingerbread House Demolition Party". LT was EXCITED! We decided the best way to do it, was to run it over with his new Hummer. Here are the pictures. My idea worked by the way, no tears!


The next pictures are of my beautiful baby. I just love seeing a baby sleep. There faces are completely angelic.

My in-laws had us take care of their flowers while they were gone. A few hours after they dropped it off, it blossomed! I'm afraid they will miss these pretty paper-while flowers, so I took pictures of them.
What a great week to start off the New Year and NEW decade!

No comments: