Sunday, January 10, 2010

Before and After Pics - Kitchen

Well, here they are, the beginning of the before and after pictures. Lots of love and hard work has been put into this house. I can't even begin to thank my hubby and my father-in-law for the gift they have given our family. The house was 6 months of continuous, back-breaking work. There were many other people that helped that we so appreciate and don't know what we would have done without them. Truly this home is a "Labor of Love" and I feel so blessed to have it.

Just a little description of what you're seeing. We kept the original cabinets, they were just cleaned (by scraping and paint thinner) and primed and painted. Travis also had to do some adjusting of the cabinets because we wanted to add the microwave over the oven and a bigger refrigerator. The original bar area was really low, so Travis demolished the old one and built a new one with cabinets and drawers. We also got rid of the recessed lighting on the ceiling and put in some canned lights (thanks to Ken Lovell, a good friend of my father-in-law). I just can't even begin to list all the things that were done in this kitchen. Suffice it to say, that it was A LOT of disgusting work.





2 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE IT! I too have a white kitchen in my new house and I love it :) I want to see more! Keep the pictures coming!

rylissite said...

Holy Cow! It looks all new! Wow, it's beautiful. I need a kitchen like that! :)