skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Izzy's Special Day
When I would write my journal as a little girl, I would start EVERY entry with, "Today was a very special day because..." Well this day really was a special day. Isabell was given a name and a blessing by her dad with most of the priesthood in our family surrounding her.
Isabell wore the blessing dress that my sister and I wore when we were blessed a LONG time ago. She looked so sweet. The dress had turned a little off-white over the years so I was able to find off-white tights, bow and thankfully the blanket I crocheted for her was an off-white as well. She managed to find her bow and pull it over her eyes quite a bit. Whenever I saw her she had that bow over her eyes!
The day was very snowy, so unfortunately, one family was late and missed the blessing by about 2 minutes, we felt horrible about that because they had traveled a long distance! Our new ward has not had a baby blessing in so many years, so this was a fun experience for them too. One memorable thing that happened was when Travis held her up to show her off to the congregation, Izzy's arms were spread wide open as well as her legs. It looked like she was saying "HELLLOOOOO!" to everyone.
After the blessing we all met at my in-laws house for some lunch! We had pepper-beef sandwiches, salads, seven-layer dips and lots of yummy cookies. I also made an angel food cake (for our angel) with ganache frosting on the top.
Izzy went to bed late the night before, got up early and had NO nap during that whole day but she was as good as GOLD the entire day.
Izzy is a blessing in our family. She has such a sweet, mellow disposition that brings joy to anyone that she comes in contact with. I adore this girl and feel so privileged to be her mom!




3 comments:
Your sister looks great! Sounds like motherhood is treating her right. I'm glad it was a good day.
Cute baby and family.. That cake looks s good!
What a cutie! I think it's so neat that she wore the same blessing dress that you and you're sister wore. Amira was brought home from the hospital in the same dress I wore home. Thank goodness for mom's that keep all of those things.
Post a Comment