Landon stood by me at the entrance of the crawl space. “Is it SCARY Momma?”
“Um……no……” I am still trying to make my toddler unafraid of silly things. He will not turn out like me in that way. If he realized why I was dressed the way I was, he would know I was lying. I had on very long pants, a long sleeved shirt, gloves (so I wouldn’t have to touch the carcass covered, mouse poop covered, spider covered floor) and a hoodie with the hood up over my head (so no spiders could crawl down my shirt). If I were my brother, I would have taped any entrance into my clothing shut (no kidding he really did that!)
For Landon’s sake, and for the sake of having my halls decked, I turned my brain off, crawled into the crawl space making sure to not touch any walls (spider webs gross me out too). The Christmas decorations were of course, piled up about as far into the crawl space as possible. So I crawled as fast as I could, grabbed the first box, dragged it along with me. All the while I was thinking a whole nest of black widows must be coming after me. I reached sunlight pulled the heavy box up with all my strength and got out of there as fast as I could. One down, 6 more to go. The whole job could have taken me 5 minutes, but I had to wait after each box in the fresh air to psych myself up for it again.
I managed to finish the job, without incident. The spiders probably stayed away because they were laughing too hard at the terrified look on my face.
Landon and I proceeded to put up the decorations and after 5 broken Christmas balls and a broken strand of lights (from LT pulling out a lightbulb). We have our tree up. You can even see LT’s contribution to the decoration (you know what I mean, all the ornaments on ONE branch?). We still need to tackle the Christmas Village, but that will come tomorrow maybe when I get over the crawl space experience.

Can you see all the ornaments crammed in one spot? I left it that way cause it's too cute!





6 comments:
The pictures of the stickers on the faces in the Thanksgiving post is funny!
Oh my goodness, my skin had prickilies when I read about the crawl space. I hate spiders!!!!!
As for my silly music - hurry and hit the pause button on my music player when you visit! teehee.
You're so good, my kids helped with the tree, and they had all their ornaments on one branch too. I am however to much of a control freak, and I moved them when they were'nt looking. See how good I am? (insert heavy sarcasm!) Your tree looks great!
I have the same feeling about our basement. It's old and gross and we found an old cat skull in there once. I'm not to the degree that you are though, silly Courtney!
Your so good to overcome your fears so you can decorate. I am so bad I don't even put up a Christmas tree. I guess it might be more fun if we had kids, but for now its just a lot of work and I really don't care enough to do it.
I would still like to go to lunch (not sure if you got my email) sometime! :)
You are so great at telling the stories that happen at your house. I wish I could that. I laughed out loud at your 'laughing spiders'.
My Christmas waited to get put up until Ben had time to retrieve my decorations. You're braver than I am!
Loved LOVED the story, Courtney! We have the same fear so I completely understand. WAY TO GO!!
LOVE YOU!
Linds
Post a Comment